A brave new world of personal injury practice in BC
Thursday, April 25, 2019
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Vancouver Location TBA
or attend via webinar
Who should attend: Personal Injury Litigators
Learning level: All levels
Beginning April 1, 2019, the BC Civil Resolution Tribunal (CRT) will have jurisdiction in motor vehicle accident personal injury disputes where there is a “minor injury.” This means that disputes about benefits, damages, and liability up to $50,000 will come under the rubric of the CRT. Learn about the impact and processes of this new regime firsthand from the Chair of the CRT, Shannon Salter. At this comprehensive full-day course, you will learn about:
- the Solution Explorer — the CRT’s front end legal information and self-help tool
- the process before scheduling a CRT hearing
- the CRT’s dispute resolution process, forms, rules of practice, and rules about information and evidence
- the challenges and opportunities that the new CRT regime brings to personal injury lawyers
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (a minimum of 1 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Shannon Salter — Chair, Civil Resolution Tribunal, Vancouver
Register by March 28/19
After March 28/19
|Webinar Articled Student
|In Person Articled Student*
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
*Lunch is included.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $179 for each additional viewer. *Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes an articled student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*