The key civil, criminal, and regulatory issues!
Friday, February 22, 2019
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Vancouver Location TBA
or attend via webinar
Who should attend:
- litigation counsel seeking a comprehensive review and update on both procedural and substantive issues of importance in the civil, criminal, and regulatory spheres comprising the area of securities litigation
- regulators, in-house and general counsel, Ultimate Designated Persons, Chief Compliance Officers, compliance personnel, and other risk managers with securities dealers and other market participants
- directors and officers of public and private companies and investment and mutual fund advisors who want to better understand the current securities regulatory enforcement paradigm
Learning level: All levels
Not sure how to navigate the complex web of civil, criminal, and regulatory issues that arise in securities litigation? Benefit from the diverse perspectives of senior counsel from the private bar, Crown counsel, regulatory agencies, and industry professionals who will be speaking at this course. Experienced faculty will provide you with practice management and case handling advice from all angles, so that you can deal with proceedings in any securities litigation forum. In addition, you will receive procedural and substantive legal updates to ensure you stay current with the latest changes in securities law and policy.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (a minimum of 1 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Abbas Sabur — Shapray Cramer Fitterman Lamer LLP, Vancouver
Sean K. Boyle — Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP, Vancouver
Register by Jan. 25/19
After Jan. 25/19
|Webinar Articled Student
|In Person Articled Student*
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
*Lunch is included.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $179 for each additional viewer. *Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes an articled student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*