Thursday, January 24, 2019
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
500 - 1155 West Pender Street, Vancouver
or attend via webinar
Who should attend: Those who support board, council, and committee meetings including government officials and administrators, those who:
- prepare agendas for open and closed meetings
- prepare scripts for chairs
- prepare motions and resolutions
- take minutes
- are looking to improve productivity at meetings that they organize or simply attend
Learning levels: All levels.
This workshop will provide administrative staff with techniques on how to support meetings effectively and to manage the meeting process in a systematic and thorough fashion. By working through a meeting from start to finish, you will learn the foundations of what makes a meeting successful before, during, and after the meeting. As a result, you will be able to identify how your meetings can be improved and how the group can make better decisions.
At this workshop you will:
- understand how the roles, duties, and pre-meeting preparation set the foundation for a successful meeting
- capture the essence of a meeting through improved minute taking techniques
- assist the chair and the members in carrying out their roles in the meeting process in a practical and productive manner
- gain knowledge about how privacy legislation can impact your meetings
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: Attendance to this course cannot be used toward continuing professional development hours.
Lisa M. Zwarn (Curry), PRP — Surrey
Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic and print copy of the workshop materials.
Lunch is on your own.
Register by Jan 4
After Jan 4
|Webinar Articled Student
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing.
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $179 per day for each additional viewer. * Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes an articled student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
CLEBC Program Coordinator