Tuesday, October 23, 2018
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm via webinar
Who should attend: Lawyers and staff wanting to keep costs low when making tech choices.
Learning level: All levels
Let's face it, the array of your technology choices is overwhelming; and in this economy, you cannot afford to make bad tech decisions. This seminar gives you a lawyer's technology roadmap focusing on keeping costs as low as possible.
You will learn about:
- return on investment analysis and tech spending strategies for a down economy
- how to get the best technology deals for your firm
- inexpensive alternatives to Word and WordPerfect, and search software that eliminates the problem of lost files once and for all
- laptop vs. desktop: appropriate PC configuration for a law firm, PC configuration items to look for and items to avoid
- computer and network protection including uninterruptible power supplies, antivirus, firewalls, anti-spyware, and anti-spam
- disaster avoidance and backup recommendations (hardware and software)
- law firm printer, scanner, and fax issues along with recommendations
- smartphone/personal digital assistant recommendations for lawyers
- legal-specific billing, accounting, and case management software options
- accessing your firm's files and resources when you're not in the office
You may also be interested in joining us for Barron K. Henley's other two courses:
Professionalism—Malpractice Pitfalls of Daily Law Office Computing — 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Tools and Techniques for Ngotiating and Revising Electronic Documents — 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
Join us for all three sessions and SAVE! Click here to register and join us for the whole day!
You may also be interested in Essential Technology Skills for Lawyers and Legal Support Staff on Monday, October 22, 2018.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 2 hours (a minimum of 2 hours involving professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Barron K. Henley — Affinity Consulting Group, LLC, Columbus, OH
Register by Sep 25
After Sep 25
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Webinar Archive: This course will not be added to the Webinar Archive.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
CLEBC Program Coordinator