In-depth insight on current human rights law issues.
Thursday, November 29 and Friday, November 30, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm (both days)
Pan Pacific Hotel, 999 Canada Place, Vancouver,
or attend via webinar
Who should attend: All those who have an interest in human rights issues, including human resource professionals and employment, labour, and human rights lawyers.
Learning level: Intermediate/Advanced
Human rights law goes beyond the scope of employment law practice and is constantly evolving. Over the course of two days, you will explore a comprehensive range of human rights law topics presented by diverse speakers. This conference will include the ever-popular annual case law update, judicial review update, and ethics fact patterns. You will walk away with a substantive look at current trends and practical issues to meet the increasingly complex and sophisticated matters arising in this area.
At this conference you will:
- learn about the forums and tests involved in sexual misconduct cases
- hear from BC Human Rights Tribunal members on practice tips for counsel
- explore human rights issues arising from the SCC decision on Trinity Western University's law school
- continue your Truth and Reconciliation cultural competency training by learning about filing human rights complaints on behalf of Indigenous people
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 12 hours (including a minimum of 2 hours involving professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Sandra F. Guarascio — Roper Greyell LLP, Vancouver
Lindsay M. Lyster — Moore Edgar Lyster, Vancouver
Register by Nov 1
After Nov 1
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
*Lunch is included for both days.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $319 for each additional viewer. *Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes an articled student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*