The efficient way to review key family law developments from the past year
Friday, June 8, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Pan Pacific Hotel, 999 Canada Place, Vancouver
or attend via webinar
Summer Series 2018
Friday, July 27, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm via webinar
Who should attend: Lawyers practicing in the area of family law
Learning level: Intermediate
With the demands of day-to-day family law practice, it can be difficult to keep up with all of the changes in this area of law. This course is your answer to staying current with the latest family law issues and challenges.
Focused on the financial landscape of family law, you will receive an updated primer on hot topics including the presumption of advancement, determination of income, tax implications and discretionary trusts, valuation and achieving fairness, and estate issues. You will leave this course prepared to address the impact of new cases, trends, and developments on your files.
After taking this program, you will:
- understand how to address claims for excluded property under the FLA
- be able to advance or defend claims for a reapportionment of family property
- be aware of recent developments in the treatment of income taxes in the allocation of family property
- understand the issues arising upon the death of a spouse
- be aware of different ways to resolve family law disputes
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (including a minimum of1 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Paul M. Daykin, QC — Aaron Gordon Daykin Nordlinger LLP, Vancouver
Jasmeet Wahid — Kahn Zack Ehrlich Lithwick LLP, Richmond
After May 11
|Webinar Articled Student
|In Person Articled Student*
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
*Lunch is included.
Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Summer Series 2018
Register by Jun 22
After Jun 22
|Webinar Rebroadcast Articled Student
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE onWebinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
* If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*