Review a year of securities law changes in a day.
Last Kick at the Can 2018
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm via webinar
(Original Course Date: April 18, 2018)
Who should attend: Advanced securities practitioners.
Learning level: Advanced
Securities practice doesn't always leave much time for you to keep up with all the developments and transactions happening in the market. This annual must-attend update is your efficient solution to learning about the year's latest legal changes all in one day. Leading securities practitioners and regulators have curated only the most important big transactions, trends, and hot topics to discuss with you. As always, we look forward to sharing with you with the ever-popular and valuable Case Law Update. You will leave this course confident and current.
At this course you will about:
- cryptocurrencies, cybersecurity issues, and fairness opinions
- latest developments with OSC Rule 72-503 on dealing with offshore distributions, concurrent distributions, and resales outside and back into Canada
- important cases in securities law, including recent cases involving marijuana and liquor
- important updates from the TSX and TSX Venture Exchange
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (including a minimum of 1 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Fred R. Pletcher — Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, Vancouver
Leo Raffin — McMillan LLP, Vancouver
||Last Kick at the Can Rebroadcast
|Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $179 for each additional viewer. *Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*