Stay updated, network with colleagues, and get CPD credits all at once!
Thursday and Friday, May 3 and 4, 2018
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel, 1180 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
or attend via webinar
Summer Series 2018
Monday and Tuesday, July 30 and 31, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm via webinar
Who should attend: Employment lawyers and in-house counsel
Learning level: All levels
With an agenda curated from your submissions, leading practitioners and your colleagues will explore emerging issues in employment law and update you on the core topics. Employment relationships are evolving at a rapid pace and so is the law as a result of technology, globalization, and increasing diversity in the workplace. Growing in attendance each year, this conference is your annual must-attend event where you can network with your colleagues while completing all of your Law Society of BC continuing professional development requirements for the year.
At this course, you will:
- explore hot topics in employment law, such as sexual harassment investigations, abuses of social media, virtual workplaces, and the effects of the sharing economy on employment law practices
- find out the implications of the latest SCC cases Saadati v. Moorhead (aggravated damaegs for psychiatric damage) and Stewart v. Elk Valley Coal Corp. (family status) on your practice
- get up to date on core topics such as reference letters, duty to mitigate, overtime issues, just cause, and implementing employment law contracts
Conference attendees are invited to join faculty for a cocktail and appetizers at the conclusion of Day 1 (location TBA). A special thank you to Harris & Company LLP for hosting this reception.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 13.25 (including a minimum of 2 hours involving professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Matthew Cooperwilliams — Harris & Company LLP, Vancouver
Simon Kent — Kent Employment Law, Vancouver
Register by Apr 5
After Apr 5
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
*Lunch is included.
Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Summer Series 2018
Register by Jun 22
After Jun 22
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $289 for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*