The must attend annual event for personal injury litigators!
Last Kick at the Can 2017
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Original date: Friday, June 9, 2017)
Who should attend: Personal injury litigators, both plaintiff and defence; ICBC and insurance industry personnel.
Learning level: All levels
This is CLEBC's annual, comprehensive program on personal injury practice for all personal injury litigators; junior and experienced, plaintiff and defence. This conference will also be of interest to insurance industry personnel who handle personal injury claims. As in past years, we will cover an eclectic mix of established and current topics ranging across a broad spectrum. A popular and core component of this conference is the case law update: an encapsulation of the most important procedural and substantive case developments from the past year. Previous conferences have featured substantive topics in the area of personal injury practice and procedure, expert evidence, medical evidence, engineering evidence, acturial evidence, advocacy, mediation, professionalism and ethics, and law practice management. Our goal is to provide you with valuable, current, and practice-related information from senior members of the personal injury bar.
At this course you will learn:
- the past year's most important procedural and substantive case law developments in the area of personal injury
- the implications of a new element in personal injury litigation—after the event insurance
- the range of issues that bicycles are bringing to personal injury law
- what your lawyer's insurance policy will and will not cover
- how to best manage the evidence of a therapist—whether leading or challenging such evidence
- about a new and emerging head of damage: loss of housekeeping capacity
- about a critical demarcation: the line between workers (tort law excluded) and non-workers (tort law applies)
- a valuable array of practice tips and observations from senior members of the personal injury bar
You may also be interested in attending our comprehensive introduction to personal injury practice on Thursday, June 8, 2017, Personal Injury for Jr. Lawyers and Paralegals 2017. You will get a special rate for attending both courses—see below for pricing and click here to register for both.
CLEBC would like to thank Redress Risk Management and Viewpoint Medical Assessments for their generous support in sponsoring this event.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 (For Rebroadcasts: a minimum of 1 hour will involve professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Jan L. Lindsay, QC — Lindsay LLP, Vancouver
James D. Vilvang, QC — Richards Buell Sutton LLP, Vancouver
||Last Kick at the Can Rebroadcast
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer