Your annual update
Last Kick at the Can 2017
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Original date: Wednesday, April 5, 2017)
Who should attend: Advanced securities practitioners.
Learning level: Advanced
This is your annual must-attend update for busy securities practitioners. Hear from experienced lawyers and regulators about the latest changes, trends, and hot topics. Focusing on current and practical matters, this course is designed to keep you current in this ever-changing area of practice.
You will learn about:
- key cases and regulatory updates and their effect on your practice
- the meaning of words in drafting: what does "reasonableness" mean?
- things that activists can do to you
- the role of the media and communications in the M&A transactions
- the current interplay between oppression and a derivative action
- and much more
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 (For Rebroadcasts: a minimum of 1.25 hours pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Please note that the CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Fred R. Pletcher — Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, Vancouver
Leo Raffin — McMillan LLP, Vancouver
||Last Kick at the Can Rebroadcast
|Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer