A general counsel's guide to employment-related contracts!
Last Kick at the Can 2017
Monday, December 4, 2017
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
(Original Course: Monday, May 30, 2016)
Who should attend: Solicitors who do not specialize in employment law but advise clients on employment-related issues from time to time; in-house counsel and human resources professionals may also find the course valuable.
Learning level: Fundamental/Intermediate
Drafting 101: Employment Related Contracts will provide you with a foundation for drafting employment-related agreements. Presenter Lou Poskitt will walk you through sample agreements, providing you with drafting tips and practical advice on...
- the pros and cons of using employment agreements vs. independent contractor agreements
- how to draft proper notice clauses and mitigation clauses
- how to draft restrictive covenants—what are they, how to use them, and how they interact with other clauses in the contract
- best practices when providing standard form employment agreements for clients
- how employment agreements interact with workplace policies and other legislation such as the Employment Standards Act and Workers Compensation Act
Course materials will contain sample clauses and precedents.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 3 hours (a minimum of 0.5 hours will involve aspects of professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Louisa Poskitt — Harris & Company LLP, Vancouver
||Last Kick at the Can Rebroadcast
|Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $99 per day for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer