Add some valuable tools to your toolbox!
"Last Kick at the Can": Wednesday, December 9, 2015; Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
"Last Kick at the Can": Monday, December 14, 2015; Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Original course: Friday, May 22, 2015)
Who should attend: Lawyers practicing in the area of wills, estates, and trusts; the course may also be of interest to lawyers practicing in the area of family law and to general practitioners.
Learning level: Intermediate
Blended families are more and more common but have very unique planning aims and requirements. This course will examine the tools that are available to lawyers to assist in planning: wills, family law agreements, trusts, and others. It will also look at the risks involved with the use of each of these tools and the practical considerations necessary in choosing the appropriate tools for your clients.
After taking this course you will...
- understand the considerations when acting for blended families
- be aware of the planning tools available for blended families
- understand the risks in using these planning tools
- gain knowledge of the tax regime with respect to estates and trusts
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6.5 hours (a minimum of 1 hour will involve professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
"Last Kick at the Can" Rebroadcasts: $475
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
Unable to attend without financial support? To learn more about CLEBC's Bursary Program click here and for our Easy Pay Plan click here.
Can't make the live course/live webinar?
1. Order the online course materials, an archive of all CLEBC papers published since 2001. ... OR
2. Subscribe to the Webinar Archive, a repository of recordings of most CLEBC past courses.
Annual subscription rates for both options are based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer